European Company Survey 2009 (ECS) - Social dialogue
Workplace social dialogue
- Almost four out of ten companies (37%) in the survey reported an institutional form of employee representation, which covers more than 60% of the employees
- More than two out of three workers in the EU are covered by a collective pay agreement: in the total economy, the figure is 69%, while it stands at 67% in the private sector alone
- Employee representatives in Europe seem to be generally satisfied that a rather good cooperative culture of interaction exists between them and the management of establishments
- European management is, in general, rather positive about the effect of social dialogue and employee representation at the workplace
- Some 80% of the interviewed representatives claim that the employees support their work.
Note: the video is in English only.
Page last updated: 24 February, 2011