Industrial relations deals with the collective, rather than individual, aspects of the employment relationship.
More specifically, Eurofound focuses on:
- investigating wage setting mechanisms
- reporting on trends and developments in industrial relations through the European Industrial Relations Observatory;
- comparisons of the industrial relations situation in Europe, the USA and Japan;
- maintaining and updating the European industrial relations dictionary
- new tools of governance
- development of indicators with the aim of contributing to the EU debate on quality in industrial relations
- European Industrial Relations Observatory (EIRO)
High-quality, up-to-date information on key developments in industrial relations in the Member States, Norway, Bulgaria, Romania and at EU level.
- European industrial relations dictionary
A comprehensive collection of the most commonly used terms in employment and industrial relations at EU level today, with over 330 entries, featuring concise definitions, relevant contextual information and links to EU legislation and case law.
- European Company Survey 2013 (ECS)
The main focus of the third European Company Survey is on work organisation, HR practices, employee participation and social dialogue.