European Parliament exchange with Eurofound and EU agencies
On 1 February 202 at 16.45 – 18.45 CET, the Members of the European Parliament’s Committee on Employment and Social Affairs will hold a remote meeting which will include an exchange of views with Eurofound’s Acting Executive Director Maria Jepsen and the Executive Directors of the EU Agencies under the EMPL Committee’s remit: Cedefop, EU-OSHA, ETF and ELA.
Eurofound’s presentation will be an opportunity to recall the activities of 2020, in particular the findings from the online survey Living, working and COVID-19, and focus on the agency’s work plan for 2021. Eurofound will highlight key areas of Eurofound’s actions including the employment and social impact of COVID-19; telework and the right to disconnect; adequate minimum wage; social dialogue and collective bargaining; working conditions in platform work; labour market change and promoting social cohesion and convergence.
Overall, Eurofound’s 2021 activities will aim to support EU efforts to achieve recovery and resilience while managing the transition to digital age, a climate-neutral economy and new ways of working post COVID-19.
- Presentation: Eurofound presentation to the European Parliament Committee Committee on Employment and Social Affairs (EMPL) - Maria Jepsen, Acting Executive Director, Eurofound
- Publication: Living, working and COVID-19
- European Parliament: Agenda
- European Parliament: Live proceedings via webstream
- European Parliament: Committee on Employment and Social Affairs