Restructuring support instruments
Eurofound’s ERM database on support instruments for restructuring provides information on more than 300 measures in the Member States of the European Union and Norway. National governments, employers’ organisations and trade unions are among the bodies providing support for companies that need to restructure and the affected employees.
The support instruments are described in terms of their characteristics, involved actors, funding sources, strengths, weaknesses and outcomes. The aim is to inform governments, social partners and others involved about what kinds of support can be offered.
Research carried out prior to the UK’s withdrawal from the European Union on 31 January 2020, and published subsequently, may include data relating to the 28 EU Member States. Following this date, research only takes into account the 27 EU Member States (EU28 minus the UK), unless specified otherwise.298 items found
Make your selection by using the filters:
- CountryEU 27 + UK and Norway
- PhaseEither anticipation or management
- Anticipationrefers to activities that help to prepare workers or companies for change.
- Managementcovers activities required to handle a current restructuring event while minimising social costs. It refers to the steps involved in implementing an organisational change process.
- Typethe range includes training, advice, help with access to finance, matching activities and other supports for companies and workers affected by restructuring
- Fundingby national, local or regional governments; the European Union; social partners jointly or individually; companies in general or the specific employer undergoing restructuring
- Involved actorsincluding national, regional or local government; social partners and public employment services.