Watch the video: Economic and social convergence in the EU - Making it happen!
Eurofound in cooperation with the European Commission’s Directorate‑General for Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN) organised a joint seminar on economic and social convergence.
- DG ECFIN: Economic and Financial Affairs
Sustainable economic and social convergence are central to Europe’s lasting stability and require an integrated European approach. Against this background, DG ECFIN and Eurofound have joined forces to present the latest trends in economic and social convergence in the European Union.
On this occasion, Eurofound launched its new report on monitoring convergence in the European Union.
Watch the video: Part 1 and Part 2 below
Two key panel sessions highlighted the links between economic and social convergence and explored ways to strengthen these links, with a particular emphasis on the design of economic reforms and the implementation of the European Pillar of Social Rights.
The half-day seminar brought together representatives from the European institutions, social partners, national governments, civil society and academic experts and provided an opportunity for debate and discussion.
Among the speakers from Eurofound and DG ECFIN, one of the discussants included Prof. Frank Vandenbroucke, University of Amsterdam and University of Antwerp.
- Programme: Economic and social convergence in the EU – Making it happen!
- Presentation: Economic convergence in the EU - Plamen Nikolov, Economic Analyst, DG ECFIN, European Commission,
- Presentation: Upward Social Convergence in the EU - Massimiliano Mascherini, Senior Research Manager, Social Policy Unit, Eurofound
- Photo album: Economic and social convergence in the EU - Making it happen!