Financial situation and COVID-19
On 9 April 2020, Eurofound launched an e-survey, Living, working and COVID-19, to capture the most immediate changes during the pandemic and their impact, with the aim of helping to shape the response to this crisis. The first results on the impact of the pandemic on living conditions and people’s financial situation are now available. The data cover a range of topics including living standards and ability to make ends meet, need to economise, household arrears, financial situation and deprivation, and the level of support received in difficult circumstances. Explore the data by country, gender and age.
Background and metadata
- Fieldwork: 9 April – 30 April
- Sample size: 86,457 (62,755 complete response)
- Target population: people aged 18 and over
- Spatial coverage: EU27 and the UK
- Data collection mode: online
- Respondent recruitment: snowballing and advertisements on social media
- Publisher: Eurofound
- Copyright: Copyright policy
- Working paper: Living, working and COVID-19: Methodological note of Wave 1
Eurofound (2020), Living, working and COVID-19 dataset, Dublin, http://eurofound.link/covid19data
Comments, feedback, questions? Let us know!
In light of the UK’s withdrawal from the European Union on 31 January 2020, it should be noted that much data published on the Eurofound website continues to include the 28 EU Member States, as the UK was included in earlier research. This will be progressively amended to reflect the current composition of the 27 EU Member States.