Charter of Values
On 29 June 2018, Foodora, Foodracers, Moovenda and Prestofood signed the Charter of Values. It was proposed by Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Labour, Luigi Di Maio and is intended to ensure good working conditions for food delivery platform workers in terms of contracts, protections and hourly compensation.
The Charter mainly provides for:
- Contractualisation with continuous and ongoing collaboration contracts that provide for INAIL (the national institute for insurance against accidents at work) insurance cover in the event of an accident at work, which the platform will bear in full, and INPS (National Social Security Institute, Istituto Nazionale della Previdenza Sociale) protection.
- Supplementary insurance to cover any damage to third parties.
- Fair and adequate remuneration, with an hourly basis, and a variable component in relation to the number of deliveries.
- Continuous information on occupational safety issues and compliance with the highway code.
- Provision of personal safety equipment and facilities for maintaining the vehicles used. No reputational or ranking algorithms.
- Provision of insurance and social protection
- Government, Platform
- On-location platform-determined routine work
- Foodora, Foodracers, Moovenda, Prestofood
- social protection