Deliver Union Campaign, FAU Berlin
The Deliver Union is a group of Foodora and Deliveroo bicycle couriers which started organising themselves in 2016 within the FAU Berlin (Freie Arbeiterinnen- und Arbeiter-Union, Free Workers’ Union). The Deliver Union aims to negotiate better working conditions for workers of the food delivery companies.
Deliver Union Campaign's demands include:
- To have all repair costs covered by Deliveroo and Foodora;
- A pay increase of €1 per hour, per employee, and an additional €1 for freelancers;
- An immediate freeze on recruitment to guarantee enough hours for existing riders to make a living;
- Specifically for Deliveroo: Transparency toward workers on the number of hours they have worked, which they currently cannot assess although they are tracked;
- Specifically for Foodora: Payment of the equivalent of one hour’s work to compensate for work-related tasks undertaken in spare time.
The Deliver Union organises meetings, strikes, signature campaigns and events in Berlin and keeps a Facebook page.
- Negotiation of working conditions, Organising and representing workers
- Employee organisation, Worker
- On-location platform-determined routine work
- Deliveroo, Foodora
- representation, industrial relations, social dialogue