United Freelancers and ACV-CSC
The Confederation of Christian Trade Unions (Algemeen Christelijk Vakverbond in Dutch, Confédération des syndicats chrétiens in French, ACV-CSC) has been cooperating since the beginning of 2017 with the Collectif des couriers to negotiate with Deliveroo and Uber Eats in order to improve the working conditions of platform workers. It has especially covered:
- Organisation of various meetings with couriers to forge a union spirit, set-up and validate lists of demands, negotiation goals, organise protest actions, etc.
- Several negotiation meetings with Deliveroo, although no comprehensive agreement has been reached.
On this basis, in 2019, ACV-CSC set up United Freelancers , a dedicated team for support of platform workers and all new forms of employment. The United Freelancers website provides information and services as well as possibilities to affiliate to the CSC union.
- Negotiation of working conditions, Organising and representing workers
- Employee organisation
- On-location platform-determined routine work
- Deliveroo, Uber Eats
- representation, industrial relations, social dialogue
- Dutch, French