Meeting of the Senior Labour Inspectorate Committee (SLIC)
The principal activities of SLIC are to:
- Define common principles of labour inspection in the field of health and safety at work and developing methods of assessing the national systems of inspection in relation to those principles.
- Promote improved knowledge and mutual understanding of the different national systems and practices of labour inspection, the methods and legal frameworks for action.
- Develop exchanges of information between national labour inspection services about their experiences in monitoring the enforcement of secondary Community law on health and safety at work.
- Promote a labour inspector exchange programme between national administrations and the setting up of inspector training programmes.
- Develop a reliable and efficient system of rapid information exchange between labour inspectorates about health and safety issues.
- Establish active cooperation with labour inspectorates in third countries to promote better understanding and to assist in resolving any cross-border problems.
- Study the possible impact of other Community policies on labour inspection activities relating to health and safety at work and working conditions.