25 marraskuu 2020
Vähimmäispalkalla tarkoitetaan alhaisinta työnantajien työntekijöille maksamaa palkkaa koskevia lainsäädännöllisiä rajoituksia. Lakisääteistä vähimmäispalkkaa säännellään virallisilla laeilla tai asetuksilla.
Most EU Member States have a statutory national minimum wage in place, although its level, adjustment mechanisms and coverage vary. Some countries set collectively agreed minimum wages in sectoral agreements, while others have no statutory or formally agreed minimum wage mechanisms in place.Read more
Most EU Member States have a statutory national minimum wage in place, although its level, adjustment mechanisms and coverage vary. Some countries set collectively agreed minimum wages in sectoral agreements, while others have no statutory or formally agreed minimum wage mechanisms in place.
The EU institutions jointly proclaimed the European Pillar of Social Rights in November 2017, setting out the EU’s commitment to fair wages for workers. This includes ensuring adequate minimum wages for workers to allow them to have a decent standard of living, safeguarding the ability of the low-skilled and young workers to find employment, while also making work financially attractive.
- European Commission: Towards a European Pillar of Social Rights
- European Commission: The European Pillar of Social Rights in 20 principles
Eurofound provides regular updates on pay in the EU, including minimum wages in the Member States.
The 2017 update on minimum wages in Europe provides information on statutory minimum wage levels, how the minimum wage has been determined for 2017 and minimum wage coverage across the EU.
In a study on pay in Europe in the 21st century, Eurofound explored the implications of a hypothetical scenario of a minimum wage coordinated at EU level and set at 60% of the median national wage.
Data and resourcesRead less
Key outputs over the years
- Publications (140)
- Ongoing work
Eurofound publications come in a variety of formats, including reports, policy briefs, blogs, articles and presentations.
A selection of related data on this topic are linked below.
- Data: Statutory minimum wages: Minimum wages in the EU in 2020
- Data: Proportion of minimum wage workers who find it difficult to make ends meet, EU average
- Data: Minimum wage developments in real terms, 15 euro area countries, 2015 price levels
- Data: Proportion of minimum wage workers who find it difficult to make ends meet
- Database: COVID-19 EU PolicyWatch
- Database: Database of wages, working time and collective disputes
Research continues in this topic on a variety of themes, which are outlined below with links to forthcoming titles.