Website data protection notice
Some of the services offered on our website (web services) require the processing of your personal data. We handle any such information in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2018/1725 and we make sure to provide you with information about the use of your data through specific privacy statements. For this purpose, links are available on those pages directing you to the specific information data protection notices about that processing activity.
- EUR-lex: Regulation (EU) 2018/1725
Your personal data and our website
- Eurofound collects your personal information only to the extent necessary to fulfil a precise purpose related to its tasks as an EU institution (which are laid down in Regulation (EU) 2019/127 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 16 January 2019 establishing the European Foundation for the improvement of living and working conditions (Eurofound), and repealing Council Regulation (EEC) No 1365/75 OJ L 30, 31.1.2019, p. 74–89)
- We use features of the website to collect personal data in the context of Eurofound activities. Please find below a list of our web services:
- Subscription to key topics
- CRM subscription management
- Subscription to forthcoming publications
- Comment forms
- Procurement and external experts
- Donation of equipment
- Expression of interest for events
The web pages containing those forms feature a link to relevant data protection notices, which will give you more specific info, including on how long we keep your personal data and your data protection rights.
- About us: Legal and data protection notices
- We collect your personal information only to the extent necessary to fulfil a precise purpose related to our tasks as an EU institution (which are laid down in our Founding Regulation)
- We do not reuse the information for another purpose that is different to the one stated nor divulge it for direct marketing purposes
- Under certain conditions outlined in law, we may disclose your information to third parties, (such as the European Anti-Fraud Office, the Court of Auditors, or law enforcement authorities) if it is necessary and proportionate for lawful, specific purposes
- We do not keep your personal information for longer than necessary for the purposes for which we collected it; however, we may keep your information for a longer period solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes subject to implementation of the appropriate technical and organisational measures in order to safeguard the rights and freedoms of the data subject
- Eurofound website is hosted on Amazon Web Services and the related infrastructure is managed by the European Commission (DG DIGIT). Website connection data may be processed for information security purposes, including notably the IP address of the web client and the requested web resource
- The security of our website and of the data collected is protected by adequate technical and organisational measures. We protect data in transit between your client and our website by using the TLS secure protocol ensuring their confidentiality and integrity
- If you have any remarks or complaints regarding the way we process your personal data, we invite you to contact Eurofound DPO. See Contacts.
- You have, in any case, the right to have recourse to the EDPS as a supervisory authority
- Eurofound website provides links to third-party sites. Since we do not control them, we encourage you to review their privacy policies.
- EDPS: Complaints
Name of personal data processing operation / Web service
Selection and recruitment of Officials, Temporary Agents (TAs), Contract Agents, SNEs and trainees
Management and administration of the selection of experts or procurement procedures
Personal data in CVs and Declarations of Interest (DoIs) – Management Board members
Management of conflicts of interests
Personal data in CVs – Eurofound Management Committee members
Management of conflicts of interests
Microsoft Dynamics Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
Personal data processed for the targeted dissemination of Eurofound research findings/data, for subscriptions, events, visits and external communication
|User feeedback survey 2019||The purpose of the survey is to get stakeholders' views on Eurofound research and communication and how these can be improved in the future to best suit users' information requirements||Privacy statement [178kb pdf]|
|Meetings|| Privacy statement for Board meetings||Privacy statement [198kb pdf]|
| Privacy statement for Advisory Committee meetings||Privacy statement [204 kb pdf]|
| Generic privacy statement for events (including online registration)||Privacy statement [132kb pdf]|
| Data protection notice for research stakeholder meetings||Privacy statement [176kb pdf]|
| Disclaimer for webinars||Privacy statement [91kb pdf]|
What are cookies?
Cookies are short text files stored on a user’s device (such as a computer, tablet or phone) by a website, which could be used for the technical functioning of a website, for gathering statistics on the use of the website or for other purposes, such as to provide a user with a more personalised experience (for example, to enable an online service to remember your user profile without you having to login again).
What cookies do we use and how do we use them?
- Manage sessions for logged in users
- Remember language and other settings
- Monitor site usage using Google Analytics and PIWIK (web analytics tools)
Cookies will not be used for any purpose other than the ones stated. Eurofound controls and accesses the cookie-related information.
We use both first-party cookies which are strictly necessary for the provision of the web service requested by you and third-party analytics and social plug-in tracking cookies.
Google Analytics cookies
Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. ('Google'). Google Analytics uses 'cookies', which are text files placed on your computer, to help the web team analyse how users use the site.
The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers outside the EU. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
How to control Google Analytics cookies
You can control and/or delete Google Analytics cookies as you wish – for details, see aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
Social media cookies
We use social media to present our work through widely used communications channels.
For instance, you can watch Eurofound videos, which we also upload to our YouTube page and follow links from our website to Twitter and LinkedIn.
In order to protect your privacy, you are not immediately redirected to social media or other websites when navigating through our website pages. However, some of our social media buttons to connect to those services might set cookies when our website pages are loaded on your device.
Each social media channel has their own policy on the way they process your personal data when you access their sites. For example, if you choose to watch one of our videos on YouTube, you will be asked for explicit consent to accept YouTube cookies; if you look at our Twitter activity on Twitter, you will be asked for explicit consent to accept Twitter cookies; the same applies for LinkedIn.
If you have any concerns or questions about their use of your personal data, you should read their privacy policies carefully before using them.
Here is a full list of the types of cookies we use together with information on the cookie purpose, the identity the third party, if any, the retention period of the data collected and links to the third-party privacy policies.