The European Monitoring Centre on Change (EMCC) is an information resource established to promote an understanding of changes in the world of work, employment and restructuring. Its work is supported by a Network of Eurofound Correspondents across all EU Member States and Norway.
Well-functioning labour markets are a prerequisite for making full use of the job creation potential of the economy as it emerges from the financial and economic crisis.
Eurofound monitors and analyses the implications of structural change in the economy for Europe’s labour markets and employment.
Featured - Restructuring support instruments database: updates
Eurofound’s restructuring support instruments database has recently been updated with a series of measures related to the COVID-19 crisis. There have been for example new measures to support short-time working, wage guarantees in case of insolvency as well as remote working in Austria. In some countries existing instruments and laws were activated with minimum changes because they already provided an established framework for interventions while in other countries instruments were amended to face challenges specific to COVID-19, for example the need for workers to take care of children while schools were closed (Romania).
The database also includes a new selection of support instruments designed to contribute to the European Green Deal. Instruments such as Latvian incentives to improve the energy consumption of companies’ buildings or incentives for seeking professional support for eco-design in Belgium are illustrated in the database. Support for digitalisation, another policy priority across Europe, is also described, for example, in instruments to promote Industry 4.0 in Spain, innovation vouchers to access consultancy services in Italy, and investments in robotisation and automation for SMEs in manufacturing in Sweden.
- Restructuring support instruments: Response to COVID-19
- Restructuring support instruments: Short-time working
- Restructuring support instruments: Wage guarantee
- Restructuring support instruments: Austria - Subsidy for home office - IT infrastructure
- Restructuring support instruments: Romania - Temporary reduction of activity
- Restructuring support instruments: Transition to a low carbon economy
- Restructuring support instruments: Belgium - Eco-circular check
- Restructuring support instruments: Support for digitalisation
- Restructuring support instruments: Spain - Connected Industry 4.0
- Restructuring support instruments: Italy - Vouchers for innovation consultancy
- Restructuring support instruments: Sweden - Investments in robotisation and automation for SMEs in manufacturing.
Publications de l'EMCC
New forms of employment: 2020 update
15 Décembre 2020
Women and labour market equality: Has COVID-19 rolled back recent gains?
09 Décembre 2020
ERM report 2020: Restructuring across borders
10 Novembre 2020
Back to the future: Policy pointers from platform work scenarios
21 Septembre 2020
COVID-19: Policy responses across Europe
24 Juin 2020
Labour market change: Trends and policy approaches towards flexibilisation
16 Avril 2020
Game-changing technologies: Transforming production and employment in Europe
22 Janvier 2020
A more equal Europe? Convergence and the European Pillar of Social Rights
10 Décembre 2019
Labour market segmentation: Piloting new empirical and policy analyses
02 Décembre 2019
European Jobs Monitor 2019: Shifts in the employment structure at regional level
07 Octobre 2019