Jobs 4 Europe: The Employment Policy Conference
Jobs 4 Europe: The Employment Policy Conference, 6 - 7 September 2012, Brussels, Belgium
Venue: European Commission, Charlemagne Building, 170 Rue de la Loi - 1040 Brussels
The European Commission is organising a major conference on employment policy: Jobs 4 Europe. This event will build on the Employment Package put forward by the Commission on 18 April 2012 and on the outcomes of the 2012 European Semester, but also on a series of conferences which the Commission organised during 2011 in order to explore new dimensions of employment policy, notably regarding the functioning of European labour markets, wage developments, flexicurity in a crisis context, and inequalities.
The conference will be structured around five main topics:
- Building a dynamic European labour market: transitions, human capital investment, mobility
- Impact of the crisis on employment: "programme countries", wages, jobless households
- Sectors with high job-creation potential: green economy, white coat jobs, information and communication technologies (ICT)
- Employment policy throughout the life cycle: youth, gender & work-life balance, active ageing
- Pathways to full employment: job guarantee, social economy, welfare to work.
Robert Anderson will contribute to Barriers to women's employment and work-life balance as a panellist from 10.40 - 12.20 on Thursday 6 September. Juan Menéndez-Valdés will chair the session on Active ageing – the labour market dimension from 16:45 – 18:30 on 6 September.
The programme, speeches and presentations are available on the EC website.