10th meeting of the CLIP Network
10th meeting of the CLIP Network, 23-24 May 2011, Frankfurt, Germany
Venue: Historische Villa Metzler, Schaumainkai 15, City of Frankfurt
The 10th meeting of the CLIP Network (Network of European Cities for Local Integration Policies for Migrants) will discuss the following topics:
- Migrant Entrepreneurship – the future of European cities?
- Diversity in municipal personnel policy (Workshop 1)
- Diversity in service provision (Workshop 2)
Implementation of case studies and information exchange during CLIP conferences have shown that there is a strong interest to deepen the debate on managing diversity, its implementation, opportunities, challenges, and barriers. Parallel sessions will discuss the ongoing processes within the CLIP cities:
1) What has been done on the level of implementation since the publication of the CLIP case studies and the policy recommendations?
2) Are the policy recommendations useful instruments to further promote the diversity management strategies for the daily work?
CLIP meetings bring together the CLIP cities, the module's research group, the international organisations supporting CLIP and additional researchers/organisations relevant to the specific module. As this is the final CLIP meeting in its current format, an invitation will also be extended to CLIP members who were involved in previous modules, in order to share their experiences.
Hubert Krieger, Eurofound research manager, will be a moderator in a roundtable discussion on migrant entrepreneurship. Anna Ludwinek, Eurofound research officer, will be a rapporteur in Workshop 1.