Future of Manufacturing in Europe (FOME) - Events
The Future of Manufacturing in Europe is a pilot project proposed by the European Parliament and delegated to Eurofound by the European Commission (DG GROW). The project started in April 2015 and will run for four years.
A series of regional industrial policy seminars are organised around this project. They aim to investigate the role of regional actors and policies promoting employment in light of the very significant economic and technological challenges and opportunities for manufacturing in Europe.
- 11 April 2019: The Future of Manufacturing in Europe.
- Regional Industrial Policy Seminar 4: Introduction of advanced digital manufacturing technologies in European regions
- Regional Industrial Policy Seminar 3: Internationalisation policies for a future oriented regional manufacturing sector
- Regional Industrial Policy Seminar 2: Skills and smart specialisation - Policies and practices
- Regional Industrial Policy Seminar 1: Restructuring regions in the aftermath of a large plant closure