Observatory of Labour, Algorithm and Society
In November 2022, the Observatory of Labour, Algorithm and Society (TAS) was launched in the city of Barcelona
In November 2022, the Observatory of Labour, Algorithm and Society (TAS) was launched in the city of Barcelona. The key aims of the observatory are to:
- Investigate and collect data
- Give visibility to algorithmic violations and contractual illegalities
- Publish regular reports
- Promote legal actions
- Defend ethical and inclusive work models
TAS brings together several stakeholders who operate in the transport sector, including the Riders x Derechos group, the Elité Taxi Barcelona taxi union and the Union of Associations of Autonomous Workers and Entrepreneurs (UATAE).
The first action of TAS was to file a complaint in court against Glovo for unfair competition.
As of November 2022, TAS also published a list of key Spanish court cases and decisions that are relevant for the platform economy. The list can be accessed here.
Access the InitiativeObservatory of Labour, Algorithm and Society
- Advice and exchange, Awareness raising, campaigns, information provision, Organising and representing platforms
- Employee organisation
- On-location platform-determined routine work
- algorithm, employment status, labour market segmentation
- Open access