As an EU agency, Eurofound is required to 'regularly carry out ex-ante and ex-post evaluations of programmes and activities entailing significant spending', according to article 28 (1) of its Founding Regulation, and article 29 (5) of the Financial Regulation.
- EUR-Lex: Eurofound Founding Regulation
- Financial information: Eurofound Financial Regulation (464kb PDF)
Monitoring and evaluation function and policy
The monitoring and evaluation function is part of the Operational Support Unit and ensures the regular evaluation of Eurofound programmes and activities in accordance with good evaluation practice.
Eurofound evaluation activities are implemented through a multiannual monitoring and evaluation programme which accompanies its multiannual programming cycle.
In line with its policy, Eurofound makes evaluations conducted as part of its programme available to its Management Board, but also available on request according to Eurofound access to information policy.
External evaluation reports
- Synthesis of evaluation evidence reported between 2001 and 2016: short meta study/synthesis review by Ipsos MORI
Evaluations 2009 - 2012
- Ex-post evaluation of Eurofound's 2009-2012 work programme by Ipsos MORI
- Evaluation mandate for the 2014 external programme evaluation for Eurofound (211 kb PDF)
Previous external evaluation reports
- Ex-post evaluation of the 2005-2008 work programme by Centre for Strategy and Evaluation Services (CSES)
- Ex-post evaluation of the 2001-2004 work programme by PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- External evaluation of Eurofound by Deloitte and Touche
Other evaluation reports
- Ex-ante evaluation report for the Programming Document 2017-2020, completed and submitted to the European Commission, European Parliament and European Council on 29 January 2016
- evaluation report (1.8 mb PDF), 2016, by Ipsos MORI
- Ex-ante evaluation of the 2013-2016 four-year work programme by Eurofound's internal ex-ante evaluation team
- Ex-ante evaluation of the 2009-2012 four-year work programme by Eurofound's internal evaluation team
Selected project evaluation
- European Network of Cities for Local Integration Policies for Migrants (CLIP): Evaluation report by Eurofound's internal evaluation team, 2010