Zákoník práce, zákon č. 262/2006 Sb.
Labour Code (Law No. 262/2006 Coll.)
Before the effective date of transfer of rights and obligations (arising from labour relations) from the hitherto employer (transferor) to another employer (transferee), both the transferor and the transferee shall be obliged to inform and negotiate thereof, sufficiently in advance (however, no later than 30 days before the transfer of the said rights and obligations to the transferee) the trade union organisation and the works council and consult them, with a view to reaching agreement, on:
- the determined or proposed date of transfer;
- the reasons for such transfer;
- legal, economic and social implications for the employees;
- envisaged measures relating to the employees.
Where neither a trade union organisation nor a works council operates at the enterprise of the employer, the transferor and the transferee shall inform and negotiate the employees who will be directly affected by the transfer.
These provisions apply, in addition to transfers of entire companies, also to transfers of selected activities or tasks to another employer. The business transfer must be negotiated with employees of companies of all sizes and types.
Cost covered byNot applicable
Involved actors other than national government
- Trade union
- Works council
- DG Employment, Social Affairs and Equal Opportunities/Héra, Selected companies’ legal obligations regarding restructuring, 2011
- EMCC actors in restructuring
- Labour Code (Law No. 262/2006 Coll.)
- Zákoník práce
Eurofound welcomes feedback and updates on this regulation
Skriv ny kommentar