Кодекс на труда
The employer's obligations to inform and consult employees' representatives are described in the Labour Code (section II). Business transfers are also covered by the Labour Code, (Article 123) particularly related to:
- mergers and acquisitions of companies,
- distribution of business from one company to two or more,
- transfer of a separate part of a company to another,
- change of the legal form of the entity,
- change of the ownership of the enterprise or autonomous part of it,
- sublicense or transfer of activity from one company to another, including the transfer of assets.
The employer transferring the business should present the information at least 2 months before initiating a change, and in all cases at least 2 months before the employees would be directly affected by the change of working conditions and employment relations.
There is no public information available about examples of such cases.
Cost covered by
Involved actors other than national government
- Trade union
- Works council