EYE Online - Eurofound panel debate: Being young during the COVID-19 crisis - Impact on work, life and well-being
On Thursday 28 May (17:00 CET), Eurofound will be moderating a discussion at the online edition of the European Youth Event (EYE). Valentina Patrini, Research Officer at Eurofound, will moderate the panel discussion about how the COVID-19 pandemic is affecting young people’s lives.
Joined by Marie Claire McAleer, Head of Research & Policy, National Youth Council of Ireland, Ludovic Voet, Confederal Secretary in charge of youth at ETUC and Kim Van Sparrentak MEP, Greens/European Free Alliance, Valentina will draw on Eurofound’s recent survey on Living, Working and COVID-19, as well as other findings on youth and NEETs.
The panel discussion will look at how the economic vulnerability of young people in the pandemic is affecting their lives and ask whether, also in the context of the 2008 recession, we are seeing history repeat itself in the current COVID-19 crisis.
- Publication: Living, working and COVID-19: First findings – April 2020
- Blog: Is history repeating itself? The impact of the COVID-19 crisis on youth
- News: New pan-EU survey highlights plummeting optimism, low trust levels, alongside rising fears of job loss and financial insecurity
The European Youth Event (#EYE2020) due to take place in Strasbourg on 29-30 May has been postponed due to the COVID-19 outbreak. Hence the European Parliament is presenting a special online edition of the event, with different activities organised in digital formats.
- EYE online: Full programme
- Facebook: European Youth Event (#EYE2020)
- Facebook Live Debate: Being young during the COVID-19 crisis: Impact on work, life and well-being
EYE Online offers young people from all over the European Union and beyond a unique opportunity to meet virtually and inspire each other, share their stories and exchange their views with experts, decision-makers, activists and influencers. All activities will be streamed on Facebook Live of the European Youth Event.