Europe’s recovery and resilience top of the agenda at high-level international conference in Dublin
Eurofound, in partnership with the Irish Government, will host a high-level hybrid international event on 3 March 2022 at Dublin Castle, to explore how to build recovery and resilience in the EU in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. An interview with Kristalina Georgieva, Managing Director of the IMF, will kick off the discussions, followed by sessions on EU convergence and the future of work. A LIVE keynote speech from Taoiseach Micheál Martin and Q&A session with Nicolas Schmit, EU Commissioner for Jobs and Social Rights, will set the scene for the afternoon discussions on the move to a green economy and the future of social protection.
Ivailo Kalfin, Eurofound’s Executive Director, will open Eurofound’s 7th Foundation Forum, which takes place every four years. Forum 2022 will bring together up to 1000 policymakers, employer and worker representatives, national governments, thinkers, and practitioners - online and in Dublin Castle - to hammer out the issues around the role of the EU and national governments in ensuring lasting equality, inclusion and social cohesion, as well as a sustainable transition to a just and greener Europe.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Micheál Martin TD , Taoiseach (Prime Minister), Ireland
- Kristalina Georgieva , Managing Director, IMF
- Élisabeth Borne, Minister for Labour, Employment and Economic Inclusion
- Nicolas Schmit , EU Commissioner for Jobs and Social Rights
- Luca Visentini , General Secretary of the European Trade Union Confederation
- Anna Diamantopoulou, Chair of High Level Group on Future of Social Protection
- Natacha Valla , Dean of the Sciences Po School of Management and Innovation, Paris
- Anna Kopp , Director IT, Microsoft