Records of the Executive Board
Reference code: EF/B/
Title: Records of the Executive Board (also known as the Bureau)
Dates: 11 January 1977–13 May 2005
Level of description: Collection level, item level
Extent: 53 boxes
The rules of the Bureau were found under Article 3 of the Rules of Procedure of the Board (AB/1/3 revised 20 October 2005 see GB/75/7). The Bureau took urgent or necessary decisions between meetings of the Board. These decisions were then ratified at the next Board meeting. The Bureau first met on 11 January 1977. Early meetings of the Bureau concerned the preparation of the Foundation’s work programmes, the formal opening of the Foundation in 1978 (B/6/5) and the matter of the ‘urgent revision of conditions of employment of the staff in Berlin and Dublin’ (B/7/4). Bureau meetings were always held in Brussels.
Content and structure
Scope and content
Records of the Bureau include:
- agendas and minutes of Bureau meetings;
- draft budgets;
- draft annual work programmes;
- draft four-year rolling programmes;
- discussion papers on various aspects of the Foundation’s work programmes;
- draft agendas of Board meetings;
- documents concerned with staff regulations and administrative decisions (including service and study contracts) taken by the Bureau.
The records within this collection are arranged and presented in the order in which they were used by the Bureau.
Conditions of access and use
Conditions governing access: By arrangement through the Historical Archives of the European Union
Language: English, French
Finding aid: Descriptive list
Archivist’s note: Description prepared by M. Reynolds, January 2006.