Hearing on the Analysis of Child Guarantee National Action Plans
Date and time: 7 November 2022, 16:30 – 18:30 (CEST)
On 7 November, the European Parliament Committee on Employment and Social Affairs held a public hearing to debate the implementation of the child guarantee national action plans, which should guarantee children in need with free access to early childhood education and care, education and school-based activities, healthcare and effective access to adequate housing and healthy nutrition.
MEPs together with the Spanish national child guarantee coordinator, Eurochild, the UNICEF high representative and academic experts explored how these priority issues are addressed by the Member States. Providing support for the most vulnerable children, including refugee children from Ukraine, homeless, Roma, and disabled children was at the core of this hearing.
Eurofound presented a study requested by the European Parliament on Analysis of the European Child Guarantee National Action Plans: Trends in Member States and support to refugees during the hearing.
- Presentation: Analysis of the Child Guarantee National Action Plans - Trends in Member States and support for refugees, Daniel Molinuevo, Research Manager, Eurofound
The event took place in the Paul-Henri Spaak Building (Room 1A2) in the European Parliament in Brussels at 16:30 – 18:30 (CEST) and was webstreamed.
- European Parliament - Think Tank: Hearing on the Analysis of Child Guarantee National Action Plans
- European Parliament - Committees: Webstreaming
- Topic: Care
- Publication: Education, healthcare and housing: How access changed for children and families in 2020
- Publication: Access to care services: Early childhood education and care, healthcare and long-term care
- Publication: Out-of-school care: Provision and public policy
Image: © dusanpetkovic1/Adobe Stock