Sustainable development goals and gender equality: the role of family policies and exchange of good practices
COFACE, the Confederation of Family Organisations in the European Union, in cooperation with the UN Focal Point on the Family (Division for Social Policy and Development, Department of Economic and Social Affairs), is organising the international conference ‘Sustainable Development Goals and Gender Equality: the role of family policies and exchange of good practices’ on 19-20 April 2016 in Amsterdam.
The conference will put a spotlight on the role of family policies in the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and specifically engage in one of the most important and holistic targets of the SDGs: to achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls (Goal 5).
The conference aims to:
- Provide forum for exchanging views and building collaboration for a diverse range of stakeholders to translate the SDGs into concrete actions.
- Increase European awareness on the SDGs and its social and family policy related targets.
- Boost the capacity of delegates for effective SDGs implementation.
- Influence European leaders’ awareness and commitment to the SDGs.
- Increase the transfer of knowledge between policy making and practice.
Greet Vermeylen, Senior research manager in the Working Conditions and Industrial Relations unit, will make a presentation on Men and women at work in Europe: some reflections on work-life balance.