EU labour market integration of asylum-seekers and refugees - Eurofound National Cluster Seminar
Eurofound will hold its fifth national level Cluster seminar on the topic of ‘EU labour market integration of asylum-seekers and refugees: Challenges and opportunities’ in Berlin on 29 November 2016. The aim of these seminars is to facilitate debate on key areas of socio-economic policy and, on this occasion, Eurofound will bring together public authorities, worker representatives, employer representatives and relevant non-governmental organisations from Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Luxembourg and the Netherlands.
The seminars are designed to encourage an open exchange of information amongst participants on the basis of practical case examples, which will be taken from Germany, Italy, Sweden, France and Greece, and two panel session discussions on:
- Obstacles to integration: Challenges and consequences for the labour market, and
- Policies to maximise refugee integration
The latter allow for a more in-depth debate on specific aspects related to the overall theme. In addition, participants will learn more about the findings of the recently-produced Guidebook for DG Grow on 'Promoting and supporting migrant entrepreneurship'.
- Presentation at the Welcome Center Berlin (site visit) - Nele Allenberg, Director, Welcome Center Berlin
- Presentation at the Welcome Center Berlin (site visit) - Job seeking assistance for refugees - Marie Weißbach, bridge – Berliner Netzwerke für Bleiberecht
- Living and working in Europe (AT, BE, FR, DE, LU and NL) - Catherine Leeson, National Outreach Manager, Information and Communication Unit, Eurofound
- Labour market integration of asylum seekers and refugees: Member State experiences and approaches - Klára Fóti, Research Manager, Living Conditions and Quality of Life Unit, Eurofound
- Labour market integration and labour market effects: Prospects and first evidence from Germany - Herbert Brücker, Head of Department, International Comparisons and European Integration, Institute for Employment Research (DE)
- Asylum seekers and refugees: The reality of integration (part I) - Salvatore Marra, Adviser, International and European Policies Area, Italian General Confederation of Labour (CGIL) (Italy)
- Asylum seekers and refugees: The reality of integration (part I) - Åsa Odin Ekman, Federal Secretary, The Swedish Confederation of Professional Employees (TCO) (Sweden)
- Asylum seekers and refugees: The reality of integration (part II) - Sandrine Spinosa-Guébin, Deputy Head, Department, Refugees and Reception of Asylum seekers, Asylum Directorate, Ministry of the Interior (France)
- Asylum seekers and refugees: The reality of integration (part II) - Dora Oikonomou, Project Coordinator, PRAKSIS (Programme of Development, Social Support and Medical Cooperation) (Greece)
- Asylum seekers and refugees: The reality of integration (part II) - Haytham Hmeidan, Manager, Citizen Diplomats for Syria (Germany) - Presentation and speaking notes
- Evaluation and analysis of good practices in promoting and supporting migrant entrepreneurship, European Commission – DG GROWTH - VVA Europe (United Kingdom)
If you would like any further information in relation to this event, please contact Catherine Leeson at email@example.com.