Revision of the legal framework for platform workers
The Bill on Transport Mobility (‘Loi LOM’) has the objective of improving social rights and working conditions of platform workers in the transport sector, as well as improving their right to lifelong learning and increasing legal certainty for stakeholders.
To achieve the aim of Loi LOM, transport platforms (such as those mediating the delivery of food or rides) can voluntarily establish a corporate social responsibility charter. The charter should have the following contents:
- Ensure freedom of activity and prohibit any exclusivity clause
- Prohibit the unilateral breaking of contract without compensation
- Guarantee a decent income for each task performed
- Provide opportunities for career advancement and training programmes
- Improve working conditions and ensure platforms comply with their obligations on transparency
Once established and approved by the French administration, the charter has a binding legal character and is annexed to the commercial contract of the platform worker.
- Legislation, Provision of insurance and social protection
- autonomy and control, income, privacy and data protection