Velogista is the name of a group of workers and later members of the works council of the Berlin-based Cycle Logistics CL GmbH. The company manages a city logistics system using cargo bikes. The group of workers has been fighting for better working conditions since 2020.
Among others, the following demands have been put forward to the management:
- Access to sanitary facilities (running water and a functional toilet)
- Working hours should not exceed legal guidelines
- Payments carried out regularly and on time.
Since the management did not react to the issues raised, in February 2021 Velogista created a works council with the support of the Deliverunion (FAU Berlin). One candidate and co-initiator of the works council received a termination letter. In response, the group fought the termination of the worker’s contract in court, which in September 2021 was ruled to be unlawful (see Deliverunion, FAU).
- Negotiation of working conditions, Organising and representing workers
- Employee organisation, Worker
- On-location platform-determined routine work
- health and safety, representation, industrial relations, social dialogue