About Eurofound surveys
Eurofound has developed three regularly repeated surveys to contribute to the planning and establishment of better living and working conditions. The surveys offer a unique source of comparative information on the quality of living and working conditions across the EU. Detailed analysis of the survey data allows Eurofound to identify new and emerging trends, as well as to gain deeper insight in the issues central to European policy. The results provide a strong basis for policy makers to identify opportunities for improvement and to develop forward looking perspectives. The surveys are a key element in Eurofound’s mission to provide high quality information and advice for EU and national level policy makers, social partners, researchers and European citizens alike.
The three Eurofound surveys share the following features:
- Representative samples
- Coverage of all EU Member States as well as (potential) Candidate Countries and EFTA countries
- Cross-country comparability
- Multiple waves (enabling trend analysis)
- Questionnaires covering a wide range of topics designed to meet European policy needs
- Developed in close cooperation with Eurofound’s tripartite stakeholders and experts in the field
- Questionnaires built on an inter-disciplinary scientific basis
- Elaborate strategy for quality assurance
- Timely availability of results, in policy relevant reports, the online data visualisation tools, and through the UK Data Archive.