Eurofound carries out three regularly repeated pan-European surveys. For details of the completed and planned surveys, see below.
European Working Conditions Survey (EWCS)
Eurofound has carried out six surveys on the working environment in Europe (in 1990/1, 1995/6, 2000, 2005, 2010 and 2015), and also surveyed the acceding and candidate countries in 2001/2.
- Next: Fieldwork for the 7th EWCS will take place in 2020
- 2016: Publication of the 6th EWCS overview report
- 2015: Sixth European Working Conditions Survey fieldwork in 35 countries (28 Member States, 5 candidate countries, Norway and Switzerland: 43,850 workers interviewed)
- 2010: Fifth European Working Conditions Survey
- 2005: Fourth European Working Conditions Survey
- 2001/2: Survey of the acceding countries (new Member States) and candidate countries: 11,000 workers interviewed
- 2000: Third European Working Conditions Survey: 21,500 workers interviewed
- 1995/6: Second European Working Conditions Survey: 15,800 workers interviewed
- 1990/1: A short prototype survey, which covered the 12 countries that were Member States of the then EC.
European Quality of Life Survey (EQLS)
- Next: Publication of the 4th EQLS overview report in December 2017
- 2016/2017: Fieldwork for the 4th EQLS took place from September 2016 to March 2017 in 33 countries (28 Member States and 5 candidate countries)
- 2012: Publication of the 3rd EQLS overview report in November 2012
- 2011/2: Fieldwork for the third survey was carried out in 34 countries (27 Member States and seven candidate or pre-accession countries)
- 2007: Fieldwork for the second survey was carried out in 2007
- 2003: This survey was carried out for the first time in 2003, covering 28 countries (25 Member States and three candidate countries).
European Company Survey (ECS)
- Next: Fieldwork for the 4th ECS, in partnership with Cedefop, is due to start in 2018
- 2015: Publication of the 3rd ECS overview report in March 2015
- 2013: Fieldwork was carried out from February to May 2013 in 32 countries
- 2009: The 2nd survey was carried out in 2009
- 2004/5: Eurofound undertook its first survey on working time and work-life balance policies, in companies in the former EU15 and in six new Member States: Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Latvia, Poland and Slovenia.