Youth employment: Joint seminar of EP EMPL Committee with Eurofound, EU –OSHA, Cedefop and ETF
What is Europe doing for youth employment?
A joint seminar by four EU agencies and the European Parliament’s Employment Committee explores some burning issues
Venue/Date European Parliament, 30 June 2011
Full title: Working together for youth employment. From education to the workplace: a global challenge
European policy makers take the issue of youth employment very seriously indeed. The current high rate of youth unemployment potentially threatens social cohesion, equity and growth.
Four European agencies, along with the European Parliament's Employment and Social Affairs Committee which oversees them, are to hold a joint seminar on this topic, in order to present findings and formulate options for European policy makers.
The complementary work of the agencies highlights different issues and perspectives on youth employment, in Europe and its neighbouring countries.
Topics of the seminar include:
- ensuring a smooth transition from education to workplace
- providing lifelong guidance for young people at risk
- ensuring safe and decent jobs for young people
- understanding the NEETs phenomenon (i.e. youth ‘not in education or employment’) in Europe and its economic and social costs
- taking action to help disadvantaged young people
- exploring the global dimension of youth employment
The seminar will be held at the premises of the European Parliament in Brussels, running from 9:00 to 12:30.
For further information on the joint seminar please email EPfirstname.lastname@example.org