- Provision of labour market information
The state employment agency provides career consultations which are aimed at supporting the unemployed, job seekers and other people at risk of unemployment in solving issues related to professional suitability, retraining and career planning in accordance with the support for unemployed people and people seeking employment law.
The career consultation is available in group and individual form.
There are several typical career consultation classes and individual consultations. This service, in particular, includes:
- Practical support in preparing a CV and motivation letter (how to choose job offers; preparation of application documents).
- Informative support in job search issues (information on professions and skills demanded in the labour market; availability of suitable vacancies; support in creating the content of the CV/motivation letter in accordance with the vacancy requirements; interpretation of the results of remotely executed exercises by jobseeker).
- Preparing for a job interview (preparation before the job interview; frequently asked questions and answer options; jobseekers and employer's rights during the job interview; job interview simulation).
- Determination of professional suitability (determining the leading personality types and abilities, the suitable professional areas, the most suitable type of employment and work environment, skills and competencies required for professional activity, learning opportunities).
- Successful change of profession (in which professions can jobseekers use their skills, knowledge and abilities; assessment of existing and missing abilities and competencies; career management skills; learning opportunities).
- Career basics and choice of professions (obtaining the skill to determine the most suitable field of professional activity and build a career; find out the professions in which to realize your potential; information about the demand of the labour market).
- Labour market situation and trends (labour market news and trends; identification of what professions and skills are in demand in the labour market; labour market forecasts, training opportunities in the professions demanded in the labour market).
This instrument is available in any of 25 state employment agency's offices across the country as well as remotely.
- National funds
Legal framework. Ministry of Welfare supervises the operation of the state employment agency. Funding for the state employment agency programme is partly provided from the state budget.
Public employment services
State employment agency provides service and administers funding.
Employer or employee organisations
Participate in the role of social partners in decision making process regarding state employment agency services.
Consultants, education institutions.
According to the Annual report of State Employment agency:
- 37,914 people in 2019;
- 44,328 people in 2018 (including 15,960 through ESF programme ESF project 'Support for the long-term unemployed');
- 35,635 people in 2017;
- 34,249 people in 2016,
- 37,516 people received career consultations in 2015.
In order to assess the satisfaction of clients with the received career consultations and to develop proposals for the improvement of services, an electronic client survey was conducted in 2018. According to Annual report of State Employment agency (2019) the results of the survey show the high level of the state employment agency career services: 94% of respondents evaluate the service positively (73.7% satisfied and 20.3% rather satisfied).
No information available.