Information on traineeships
Graduate traineeships 2021
This post-graduate traineeship programme is addressed mainly to recent university graduates, without excluding those who – in the framework of lifelong learning – have recently obtained their university qualification and are at the beginning of a new professional career.
Eurofound is an equal opportunities employer. Traineeships will be offered on the basis that the candidate has the ability to participate to the extent necessary and will benefit from the experience.
For further information on terms and conditions, interested applicants should read the Rules governing the Official Traineeship Scheme (2021).
The deadline for applications is 13 December 2020. Applications are valid until end of 2021. Shortlisted candidates may be contacted for telephone interviews, throughout the year, according to business needs. Please apply on the vacancies page.
NOTE: The implementation of the traineeships programme is currently impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. As the evolution of the pandemic remains uncertain, so is our ability to ensure that traineeships are carried out as planned. The arrangements put in place by Eurofound also depend on the host Member States’ policies and the confinement measures that they may entail. However, we at Eurofound will do our best to continue the successful tradition of engaging trainees - inviting recent graduates to participate in Eurofound’s work while learning from this well-recognised early career opportunity.
Below are the descriptions specific to each of the traineeships which may be offered at Eurofound during 2021. Please read the descriptions before deciding on your 1st and 2nd choice (particularly for Research trainees).
Traineeships in the area of Research
- Working life unit – Industrial relations - Social dialogue
- Working life unit – Industrial relations - EUPolicyWatch
- Working life unit – Working conditions & sustainable work
- Employment unit – Anticipating & managing the impact of change
- Employment unit – Employment & labour market
- Social policies unit – Convergence & cohesion
- Social policies unit – COVID-19 survey / Inequalities
- Research - Surveys
Traineeships in other areas
- Brussels Liaison Office (BLO, located in Brussels)
- Facilities – Environment and sustainability management
- Human Resources (HR)
- Organisational Support Unit (OSU)
- Information & Communication – Web
- Information & Communication – Communication
- Information & Communication Technologies (ICT)
- Legal and data protection
Would you like to know more about a traineeship at Eurofound ?
Previous Eurofound trainees have shared their experiences to assist others who may be considering a traineeship: