Information on traineeships
Graduate traineeships 2021
This post-graduate traineeship programme is addressed mainly to recent university graduates, without excluding those who – in the framework of lifelong learning – have recently obtained their university qualification and are at the beginning of a new professional career.
Eurofound is an equal opportunities employer. Traineeships will be offered on the basis that the candidate has the ability to participate to the extent necessary and will benefit from the experience.
For further information on terms and conditions, interested applicants should read the Rules governing the Official Traineeship Scheme (2021).
The closing date was 13 December 2020. The large number of traineeship applications received will take a number of weeks to be pre-screened and sorted by preferred profile.
NOTE: The implementation of the 2021 traineeships programme continues to be impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. A large number of applications were received, but no new traineeships have been offered yet. Ongoing pandemic restrictions mean on-site traineeships will not be possible in at least the first half of the year, so the few opportunities will be delayed and some may not be possible at all. We will post updates as soon as we have more clarity.
Below are the descriptions specific to each of the traineeships which may be offered at Eurofound during 2021. Please read the descriptions before deciding on your 1st and 2nd choice (particularly for Research trainees).
Traineeships in the area of Research
- Working life unit – Industrial relations - Social dialogue
- Working life unit – Industrial relations - EUPolicyWatch
- Working life unit – Working conditions & sustainable work
- Employment unit – Anticipating & managing the impact of change
- Employment unit – Employment & labour market
- Social policies unit – Convergence & cohesion
- Social policies unit – COVID-19 survey / Inequalities
- Research - Surveys
Traineeships in other areas
- Brussels Liaison Office (BLO, located in Brussels)
- Facilities – Environment and sustainability management
- Human Resources (HR)
- Organisational Support Unit (OSU)
- Information & Communication – Web
- Information & Communication – Communication
- Information & Communication Technologies (ICT)
- Legal and data protection
Would you like to know more about a traineeship at Eurofound ?
Previous Eurofound trainees have shared their experiences to assist others who may be considering a traineeship: