Foundation Forum 2022
Recovery and resilience in the EU – Back to the future? Hybrid online event LIVE from Dublin Castle, Ireland.
Live on Thursday, 3rd March 2022 starting at 09:30 GMT (Dublin time).
In cooperation with the Irish Government, Eurofound has organised its 7th flagship Foundation Forum 2022. With over 800 participants, this one-day event was an opportunity to explore the theme of Europe’s recovery and how, against the backdrop of the COVID-19 pandemic, the EU can work to ensure lasting equality, inclusion and social cohesion as it embarks on its path to rebuild a greener, more digital and more resilient Union.
A series of panel sessions debated questions such as
- How did COVID-19 impact EU convergence and how can the EU and its Member States best address the challenge of persistent and ever-widening inequalities?
- How will the pandemic shape the future of work?
- Can Member States future-proof social protection, welfare and trust in institutions? and
- Is it possible to achieve all of this, while ensuring a sustainable transition to a just and greener Europe?
Organised as a hybrid event, the event was aimed at high-level policy makers and opinion formers in the field of living and working conditions. Drawing on facts and figures, it took participants through a live interactive experience of policy discussions, data and findings.
- Foundation Forum 2022 programme
- Foundation Forum 2022 Background paper
- Top 20 takeaways from Foundation Forum 2022
- Guest blog post from the youth perspective
Confirmed speakers included:
- Micheál Martin TD, Taoiseach (Prime Minister), Ireland
- Gita Gopinath, First Deputy Managing Director, IMF
- Élisabeth Borne, Minister for Labour, Employment and Economic Inclusion
- Nicolas Schmit, EU Commissioner for Jobs and Social Rights
- Luca Visentini, General Secretary of the European Trade Union Confederation
- Anna Diamantopoulou, Chair of HLG on Future of Social Protection
- Natacha Valla, Economist and Dean of the Sciences Po School of Management and Innovation, Paris
- Anna Kopp, Director IT, Microsoft
- Highlights of Foundation Forum 2022 | Live from Dublin Castle [Short version]
- Introduction to Foundation Forum 2022
- Opening words from Ivailo Kalfin, Eurofound, and Élisabeth Borne, Minister for Labour, Employment and Economic Inclusion, France and Representative of the French Presidency
- Gita Gopinath in conversation with Eurofound at Foundation Forum 2022
- Nicolas Schmit EU Commissioner in conversation with Eurofound
- Taoiseach Micheál Martin gives keynote speech at Eurofound's Foundation Forum 2022
Foundation Forum 2022 sessions
- COVID-19 and the impact on EU convergence and resilience
- The Future of Work: Between dark clouds and silver linings [updated]
- Moving to a green economy: challenges and opportunities
- The future of social protection: Is a reset possible?
- Rethinking the future of Europe
For more information or queries please email Cristina Arigho: Cristina.Arigho@eurofound.europa.eu.
For media queries contact James Higgins: James.Higgins@eurofound.europa.eu.